The Struggle Is Real || How I Made Brushing More Fun

July 31, 2017
Okay, so last 2 months ago, I created a post about how to make brushing a fun time and during that time, me and my little one's just trying to brush his teeth. I mean, it's not an every day serious routine that we have to do since he's barely two years old. But then I noticed that his breath's changing so I tried to do it at least 2 times a day. I thought that it'd be easy to teach kids how to brush since he always tries to do the following:

 - Mimic me when I brush my teeth using his fingers
 - He screams -- a playful, shrieking one -- as if he's very excited to do it
 - He points out tooth brushes every bath time

And so I thought that these are good signs. Unfortunately, things went otherwise when it's actual brushing time. I was using a Colgate’s Minions toothpaste and his Minion toothbrush but to no avail. Well, he somehow likes it a little bit but I think it's too minty for him. So I looked for another and hope to find a flavor that he would enjoy.

Luckily, I found something very exciting -- Hapee Kiddie Cookies & Cream Ahoy.
The Verdict

At first, he was screaming again but this time, it's because he doesn't want to brush his teeth, fearing the tooth paste's minty flavor, so what I did is take a very tiny portion and put it in his mouth. ** I was chasing him though.

He seems to like it and with the help of his Mighty Dad, we were able to do it. So, I'm glad that I found this new tooth paste from Hapee.

Another thing that helped is Elmo's brushing video. It's the one from YouTube, entitled 'Sesame Street: Healthy Teeth, Healthy Me: Brushy Brush PSA'


It's really cute and catchy and the kids are so inviting! My little one dances as he brushes his teeth. Thanks to this video!

How about you mommies, how did your kids learn to brush? What techniques did you use? Feel free to share your experience in the comment box below! :)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.