Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Castor Oil Review: Goodbye Expensive Eyelash Extension, Hello Wonder Oil!

Okay, the title sounds a little exaggerated but who can blame me? After a few eyebrow tutorials, I found myself shaving my own brows. I thought it was that easy but because of a shaky hand, I accidentally shaved it more than how it should be. NAKALBO SYA BES! As a slay-at-home mom, I don't do makeup all the time but I hate seeing myself browless. Luckily, I found an easy solution; not to mention, a very cheap alternative.


What Is Castor Oil?


I've heard about castor oils a few years ago but ignored its benefits for unknown reasons but since it pops sometimes on my social media, I've finally gave it a try. I got my own tube at @HallOfVain for only P80. Pretty cheap that's why I though it wasn't effective at all. At first, the smell is kind of nutty; almost unpleasant, but as time goes by, I got used to it. Also, since I use only a little amount on my hair, brows, and lashes, it doesn't really offend me at all. It's quite thick, almost gel-like, and when touched, it's sticky than expected. It's perfect for holding my brows in place and I use it prior to using my brow gel from BYS.


With that said, what is castor oil? Where did it come from? And why is it considered essential not only when it comes to beauty but also in the aspect of health?



Castor oil is an ancient treatment that has been used for a thousand years ago. It comes from the seeds of the castor bean plant (Ricinus communis) and has been known to treat eye irritations and a skin care remedy. The oil's strength is used to soothe digestive problems, cure skin problems, and was included in traditional Ayurvedic medicine practices due to its antibacterial properties. It is beneficial when applied to the skin or even when taken internally; in fact, it's utilized for rapid healing and to boost the function of the immune system.

Other Uses Of Castor Oil


Basically, the oil is known for the many health benefits it offers. It's used to treat skin infections, increase white blood cells that are responsible for fighting fungi, bacteria, viruses, and cancer cells. When it comes to the beauty department, the essential oil plays a huge role in stabilizing the consistency and texture of the beauty product. It also makes a significant change in improving the appearance of the hair. In addition, it heals acne, fights toenail fungus, lessens the swelling and itching of the skin, moisturizes chapped lips, and treats skin disorders. No wonder why this is a wonder oil!

Using Castor Oil


Personally, I bought this to thicken my brows and lashes. I'm planning to have my eyelashes extended but due to negative feedbacks, I decided not to. So instead of visiting a salon, which, without a doubt, is very costly, I opted for a tube that costs me less than a hundred bucks!

For the first few days, I saw little changes in my brows and lashes already and after almost a month, the oil didn't fail me. My sister, who bought the same oil, was also impressed. The best part is -- it's has a wand already, thus, making it easier to apply.

Here are some photos:



BEFORE



AFTER

As you can see, mas naging matured ako. Char! But seriously, I got thicker brows (partida, inahit ko pa yan). My lashes also became thicker and a little longer, although I don't see any significant change in length. I also use it to treat my acne; super helpful during the times when I'm trying different skin care products.

Recommendation

On a scale of 1-10; 10 as the highest and 1 as the lowest, I will give this a score of 8. I love using it because it has many purposes. Don't panic, it's organic! I use it not only on my brows and lashes but also on my face whenever I have a breakout. I also use it on my chapped lips prior to putting any lipstick or tint. It's a good moisturizer and since I found out that it also works on itches, I'll definitely apply it on problem areas. I've given this as a gift to my dad who wants to improve the thickness of his hair. I believe in this product so much; however, if you're in a rush and you want instant results, this is not best for you. It does work but it takes time. Nevertheless, it's worth the wait!

Have you tried castor oil? If yes, how was your experience? Share your thoughts in the comment box below!

P.S.

Don't forget to follow me on IG: @iamcarolfierce

Post a Comment

0 Comments