Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Skinfood Egg White Peel-Off Nose Pack Review:Remove Blackheads Easily


BLACKHEADS -- who wants this teeny, tiny, as*holes that are constantly ruining thy face? But seriously, I bet no one likes to see this dirt present in your pores, and if you're someone like me, you'll probably do whatever it takes to get rid of it. I've tried having a regular facial to no avail; aside from being expensive, I hate going home with my face murdered! That's why I've opted for several skin care products that promise to eliminate blackheads and tighten pores. Sadly, not all those who claim such things are effective, even the most expensive ones. Does this mean that there's no hope? Is there a product, a peel-off mask maybe, that can be cheap yet effective?

What Are Blackheads?

Prior to answering your blackhead removal concern, let's learn about blackheads first.

Basically, it is described as "a plug of sebum -- the oily substance present in the face -- in a hair follicle. Each follicle contains a single hair and a gland that produces sebum. This oil is essential as it keeps the face soft and moisturized, however, if the oil and dead skin cells clog the follicle, it turns into a comedo. If the comedo is open, then it is considered as a blackhead; otherwise, it is called whitehead if it is closed by a skin.

How To Remove Blackheads?

The market has introduced a lot of ways to reduce or remove blackheads, but some of the most popular ones are as follow:

Egg Whites

Although some people find this as ineffective, there are still those who swear to this method. Basically, all you need is a clean face and an egg white. Spread it all over your face using your fingers or a clean paintbrush. Apply a thin layer first then allow it to dry; apply another layer and dry it completely. You may opt for a third application if you wish, and once it's completely dry (please wait for about 15 minutes), get a warm, damp washcloth to clean your face.

Before getting rid of the egg white, you may feel your face tighten a little bit. It may not be as effective as most people have expected, however, it can leave your skin softer and smoother.

Toothbrush, Toothpaste, And Baking Soda

This is somehow a new way to remove blackheads. I've personally tried this one, and somehow, I find it useful when I want to lighten my nose a little bit. Baking soda, after all, is known its many benefits. Some people may use it as is to scrub their face. This way, they can loosen up the dead skin and exfoliate the face without the harmful ingredients.

To use this method, mix an equal amount of toothpaste and baking soda. Using your finger, apply it to the nose area and allow it to settle for about 5 minutes or more. Get the toothbrush and brush the paste very gently. This may not remove all of the blackheads, especially the stubborn ones, however, it is one of the best ways if you want to remove your blackheads without spending a dime.

Facial Spa

Seeking professional assistance from salons and spas will surely help you with your skin problem. However, you should get your wallet ready as most spas are expensive. Meanwhile, you may find yourself spending more if you don't know how to decline the offers made by the beauty therapist. Honestly, I find most therapist rude and aggressive. Even if you think that your skin is not that bad, some may tell otherwise. Okay, I get it, they are more experienced; however, I don't see any reason why they should frown or react negatively if the client rejected their offer of the extra mask, for instance.

Another reason why I try to avoid facial spa is because of the painful pricking. Indeed, "no pain, no gain," but sometimes, the pain is barely tolerable. This becomes worse if you're too unlucky, and a heavy hand landed on your face. Nevertheless, this is, perhaps, the most effective way to remove blackheads.

Peel-Off Mask

My personal fave! Although not all of the peel-off masks that I've tried has worked, this product fascinates me as it allows me to see whatever it is that's taken off of my face. Also, it's pretty cheap and less painful compared to having a facial. If you're a sucker for a peel-off mask like me, here's one Korean product that you need to try!

Skinfood Egg White Pack Peel-Off Pack Nose

I believe Skinfood is one of the most trusted Korean skin care products nowadays, that's why even if no one has recommended this nose pack to me, I still gave it a try. It says that it is "infused with egg white extract for the effective removal of blackheads and sebum from pores for smoother, clearer skin."

Just like other peel-off masks, it comes with a simple direction:
 - Start with a clean face. As for me, I've used RA&Gowoori Red Ginseng Cleansing Foam and warm water for rinsing. The warm water will open the pores, allowing the mask to be more effective.
- Leave the nose area damp.
- With dry hands, remove the pack from the transparent strip. Place the mask on the nose carefully and leave it for 15 minutes, or until it's dry.
- Once dry, remove the product by peeling it from the edges going to the center.
- Use a toner or water to remove any leftover residue.

The Verdict
Some of the peel-off masks that I've remembered are the one from Bench, Etude House Black Head Remover Dual Sheet, and Etude House 3-Step Clear Nose Kit. I find the 3-Step Nose Kit the most effective but if compared with Skinfood, I think it's a fair match.

Skinfood may only possess one method; however, the nose strip is too sticky that I was so surprised with its result. If my memory serves me right, I saw only a few blackheads prior to the application but after seeing the strip, I guessed I was wrong all along. It's so strong that it's pulled off most, if not all, of my blackheads.

Here are some eewie photos by the way:




IKR! It's a lot and it's gross, but trust me, it's a relief!


It may not have removed it entirely but I am happy with the result. It costs me only P25 but it proved so much more. If you're planning to clean your nose area without going to a facial spa, this product is for you. You can have your own strip by visiting @HallOfVain!

Have you tried Skinfood Egg White Pack Peel-Off Nose Pack? How was your experience with it? Can you recommend other brands that have peel-off masks? Let us know your thoughts in the comment box below.


P.S.
Please follow my IG account for more short reviews (@iamcarolineso)

Post a Comment

0 Comments