Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

WTF, I Need A Toner? Here Are The Top 6 Reasons Why I Change My Mind And Include It In My Daily Skincare Routine



WTF, I Need A Toner? Here Are The Top 6 Reasons Why I Change My Mind And Include It In My Daily Skincare Routine


When was the last time you saw your face oil free? 

Unless you're gifted with a really good skin or you have enough money to go to Belo and have it treated, your face is probably oil's happy place. Luckily, there's one simple solution that will decrease, if not friggin' remove the sebum out of your face.

Hello Toner!

You see it on the shelves of every department store and groceries. You watch models as they brag it online. And the billboards, let's not talk about it. But why do you ditch toners in your daily routine? Well, you're not the only one who've never heard about the benefits of toners and why you should not skip toning your face.

But before we move on with its advantages, here's a quick description:

In simple terms, it is "an astringent liquid applied to the skin to reduce oiliness and improve its condition."

Looking for a 7-in-1 solution that will control sebum, cleanse deeply, tighten pore, balance pH level, clear skin, moisturize, and provide elasticity? Here's the right toner for you!


Okay, you might have heard about how it can remove excess oil from oily skin and how it can reduce flaking and redness for dry skin, but I bet you've never heard about these things:


Give Your Skin The Essential Ingredients It Needs

Antioxidants, skin-restoring components, and skin-replenishing ingredients are just some of the things that a good toner can provide. Meanwhile, some toners contain ingredients that exfoliate the skin, such as amino fruit acids or glycolic acids -- which is best for acne-prone skin! On the other hand, there are toners that can attend to sensitive skin types such as the ones containing thermal spring water.

Take note though: Always rely on alcohol-free toners regardless of your skin type to avoid excessive dryness.

Doesn't Only Moisturize -- It Hydrates And Replenishes Skin

Some cleansers can strip off your skin's natural sebum and as a result, your face may become flaky. But even if it's the gentlest facial foam in the land, you need to moisturize your skin afterward. A toner is equipped with hydrating ingredients that will keep your skin fresh and replenished. A well-moisturized skin allows skincare products to penetrate deeply into your face. 

Pro Tip: Dry and tight skin? Use an aloe vera toner to keep your skin hydrated!

Balances Skin pH Level

From the name itself, a toner tones.

In other words, it helps restore your skin's pH balance especially when harsh facial cleansers and alkaline-based soaps were used excessively on the face. Unknown to many, these products make the skin more prone to microorganisms, thus resulting to breakouts -- or worse, skin diseases! Lucky for toner users, they can keep their face from dryness and inflammation while reducing skin aging.

Dull And Damaged Skin? Use It To Add Layers Of Protection!

Even when you're at home, working online or taking care of your little one, you're still facing a lot of stressors that damage your skin. What more if you're working outside? Including a high-quality toner in your daily skincare routine tightens cell gaps and pores right after you cleanse, thus taking away impurities and dirt from your skin.

FYI: Did you know that tap water can damage your skin? Unless you're planning to use distilled one to wash your face, you can protect your skin by using a toner instead.

Shrinks Large Pores

Oil and dirt are the primary culprits why you have large pores -- and this alone justifies the use of toners.

Lucky for those who use toners regularly, they can give the skin the right repair it needs. It also helps remove excess oil and makeup traces and the result? A smoother, softer skin! Most toners also include cleansing agents that actively lessens blemishes, redness, and inflammation. 

Looking for a toner that's best for your skin tone? Visit at HallOfVain to know more.

Favorite Toner:

After I got hooked on K-skincare, I tried different toners. Sadly, I've experienced a lot of breakout because of trying new products. Some toners have made my skin oilier while others did not minimize my pores at all. Luckily, I found the perfect solution! 

Etude House Wonder Pore Freshner is a  7-in-1 total pore solution that brightened my skin, reduced sebum, and minimize pores. Although there's no drastic change in the pore size, I noticed how it combated dirt. It has a slight scent of alcohol though but luckily, it did not dry my skin at all. Thanks to Nature Republic Aloe Vera Gel, perhaps!



What I like about this product is that it didn't leave my skin too oily -- something that I experience a lot on most toners. It reacted well on my skin and although I see a few zits, it's not as bad as having a breakout. 

I've tried the sample size though because the larger version is more expensive -- the price of Etude House Wonder Pore Freshner costs around P500 - P600. I'm not sure if it will work well on my skin so to be safe, I use the smaller one. So far, it works perfectly but the downside I see is that it doesn't have a stopper. 

Find out my skincare favorites for the month of March!


Will do a full review soon so stay tuned!

What's your favorite toner and why? Share your tips on how to get a smoother skin on the box below!

Post a Comment

0 Comments