Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Why I Stopped Talking About The Government?




I've never cared about the government before; perhaps it's because I'm too young to give a damn or simply, it's a serious topic I don't wanna meddle in.

But last 2016's presidential election was different. It was the first that I've become vocal about who I want, and that includes posting about it on social media.

It was nice to talk about something or someone you believe in, hoping that you could influence other people, too. While some agreed with me, I've also received a couple of messages telling me to stop promoting that person and support another one instead.

And man, that's bulls***.

I've spent time arguing with people and thinking about it now, I've regretted wasting my time and energy on it not because they've proved me wrong but because politics is like religion -- it's like convincing someone to renounce their faith and join yours instead. 

Think of a Christian or a Buddhist asking a Muslim to turn away from what they believe in just because you think your religion is better or superior. And trust me, this won't lead to anything but war.

The thing is, we believe in different things but that doesn't make us superior over anyone else. Just because there are people who don't agree with us, it means they've been brainwashed or that they're stupid.

Whether we hate something or not, we only focus on specific things. If you hate the government, you only care about the shitty things they said or done, highlighting only the words that would ruin their reputation; if you're a pro, you ignore their shortcomings and concentrate only on the good things.

I won't tell you that there's something wrong with that. It's your opinion and respect goes a long way. If we continue proving our point to someone else, it won't lead to any good.

It causes strain in relationships and we know this shit happens.

Again, respect goes a long way.

Try practicing proper etiquette at all times, not only when you're at a wedding or other special occasions.

There's a huge difference between constructive criticism and hatred -- one is all about helping and improvement while the other one is nothing but negativity.

It's unethical and it doesn't bring any good. Also, as I've mentioned above, this causes us to direct our attention to bad things alone. According to a professor of psychology at Beacon College in Leesburg, Florida named AJ Marsden, “Even if they were to do something positive, we’d pay more attention to the negative because that’s what we’ve trained our brain to do.”

Hate is such a strong word and not only will this take away your precious time, but it also brings nothing good to your mind and body.

Notice yourself when you're talking about something or someone you hate and how it makes your temperature rise. Does it make you feel good? How about the person you're talking to? Have you noticed how easy it is to pass negative energy?

And speaking of the person you're with? What if that person disagrees with you? Would it make you feel better knowing that you've hurt someone's ego? Does calling someone stupid make you superior?

Again, respect goes a long way.

You may feel like you know a lot of things and you want others to know it, here's my piece of advice. I'm not an expert at this but for me, you can speak about anything you want but if you can, try to avoid sensitive topics. 

Subjects like politics, religion, marriage and children, career, or trauma are best left out alone unless someone asks for your opinion. Unless you're with the people who think the way you do, then it's best to shut up -- and this goes for both people (the anti and the pro).

You'll never know when you make someone uncomfortable and I know I've said this more than a couple of times but respect goes a long way. You want your opinion to be respected then make sure that you'll earn the respect you need first.

It's easier to spread hate and negativity so today, I challenge you to something harder -- spread kindness and love.

Have a great day!

On a side note, I also enjoy seeing others get mad. Lam mo yung nagkaka-wrinkles sila because of stress tapos they'll notice it so ang ending, mag-oorder sila sa shop ko ng pampa-ganda. So, yeah! HAHA

Post a Comment

0 Comments