Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Baby's Flu, Cold, & Cough Remedy: Brands I Trust The Most; Loviscol, Tempra, Disudrin, Natravox, Salinase, Vicks

Hello there!

It's been a while since I've written a post here. Well, my little prince's sick and Momsie needs to attend to him most of the time. I've even cancelled my home-based job because as much as possible, I wanted to be with him every second.



Moms (and even dads) know how hard it is to see their little one suffering even if it's just a simple cold or a cough. In all fairness, cold or a cough's not simple at all. I mean, it's crazy!! The little one finds it hard to sleep or eat so I guess, it should really be avoided at all cost! Sometimes, it even leads to fever or flu so for me, what happened is very eye-opening.

Apart from the fact that my baby's not comfortable, having a cough, cold or flu costs a lot. On my end, I need to prepare at least a thousand pesos for the medicines alone. Fortunately, these brands never failed so every time he gets sick, I see to it that I got these guys to help me take care of my little one.

For Cough

The first time that my little one got a bad cough, and by this I mean he has a sticky phlegm, my pedia prescribed me Tergecef which cost about P270-P290. I was actually hesitant at first since he's barely 6-months by that time but since I have no choice but to make him feel better, I bought and has been using it since then every time he has a cough. Well, it worked pretty well and usually, I just need to consume it for a week or less.



However, I wasn't able to use it for a week when he had a cough recently. I think he has only consumed it for 3-4 days because I thought he's already fine. A day after, he got a cough again which went on for about 3 more days. On the fourth day, I paid my pedia a visit and since I wasn't able to continue using Tergecef for a week, she prescribed me another one because she said that the medicine might not work for the bacteria that my baby's having again. So, she gave me Natravox. My little one loves it! I haven't tasted it but the label says it's vanilla-flavored and maybe this explains why he's not shaking his head every time I gave him this. It's my third day to use it and so far, so good. Hopefully, this will work well just like the first cough medicine I got. This cost around P275 in Mercury Drug.




Apart from those, I'm also using Loviscol until now. This is a trusted brand and I personally like to use this for my child every time he needs it. It costs around P120-150.



For Cold

My pedia advised me to use Disudrin and this cost less than P100. It works well for my son, too. However, he doesn't seem to like its taste. Oh well, he doesn't have a choice, though.



Together with his medicine for cold, I use Salinase to moisturize his clogged nose. If my memory serves me right, it cost less than a hundred for the small bottle. You can also use this every time you have a clogged nose. Just make sure to wipe the tip for sanitary reasons. I either give each nostril a drop or use it to wet cotton buds. After which, I use Babyflo's nasal aspirator which is around P40-P60. He doesn't like it and every time I use it, I find how the struggle is real. Well, who likes his nose being picked my somebody anyway.




To make my son comfortable, I bought Vicks Baby Rub for kids which cost around P200-P250. I saw it in a commercial and since I was using that before and every time I need it, I purchased my son one. However, you need to be extra careful as this can only be used for infants who are 6-months old and above. What I do is massage it gently on my baby's back and chest, apply a little on his ears and put a generous amount on his tiny, cute feet and cover it with socks. I see him having a good night sleep after so I really, really recommend this one. Plus, the smell is amazing! It's lavender and it's really comforting. I love putting it on me as well. Haha!



For Flu

I'm not really a fan of medicine or supplements but every time my baby needs it, I see to it that I give him brands that I know is worth trusting. Tempra has been known for a long time now and since my pedia advised me to give him this, I have been using it since then. That it, if he's temperature only reaches 38 and above. So far, so good. I have only bought one bottle and this is the same bottle he's consuming when he got sick recently. I think the product's way too effective since he only uses it once or thrice. Plus, it only costs me barely a hundred bucks.





By the way, my pedia's Dra. Elena Yap and she have  a clinic at Don Quijote, Dapitan, Manila. She's a good one and I like how generous she is in giving information and details regarding my son's status. She's also kind plus she puts a lot of smile on her face. My son's comfortable with her. She also has a clinic at Chinese General Hospital.


Warning:
Please, please, please consult your pedia first prior to giving any medicine especially if you're little one's barely a year old. AVOID SELF-MEDICATING.



Post a Comment

0 Comments