Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Lancaster Hotel Manila || Review

Having a friend who will tie the knot soon, we are very giddy and excited about throwing a very intimate (and wholesome!) bridal shower for her. With just seven of us, the challenge is to find a space that can fit us all at an affordable price. I started browsing in AirBnb to check for available space. There are few that almost matches our requirements but we can’t honestly abide by all the written household rules.

Then suddenly, I remember this hotel that I pass by every day and I said, ‘why not try the place, right?’ I found out that they have a three-bedroom suite loft type that can accommodate all our requirements. However, I didn’t book immediately since I compared prices from Agoda and direct booking at the hotel website. Turned out that booking directly at the hotel is cheaper. I was sold!
Lancaster Hotel Manila is located along Shaw Boulevard, near EDSA. It is on the other side of the shopping district. Five minutes walk to Worldwide Corporate Centre which has some restaurants, convenient stores and coffee shops like Starbucks and the Coffee Project.

Booking Process

I opt for the three-bedroom suite loft type for the price of P4860. Take note that this price is for the room only. When I directly booked at the hotel, I only paid a pre-payment fee of P395.93 and the rest of the amount will be paid upon check-in.

Checking-in

Coming from a chaotic week and last-minute errands for the bridal shower, I was a tad lost in the hype. I appreciate the understanding attitude of the receptionist when I told her that I don’t have P2000 on-hand cash for the security deposit as I paid the remaining balance with my card.
She gave me the key cards and allowed us to go up the room when I said I will give the P2000 cash as soon as my other friends arrive.

Three-bedroom Suite Loft Type

Upon entering, the space and its interiors look different from the photos shown on the website. The room was smaller with dim lightings, but well-ventilated. A few steps away was the kitchen and sink counter, dining set and refrigerator. Excited at the idea of cooking, I was disappointed that basic cooking wares (pan, fryer, etc.) were not available. There were only dining wares and an oven toaster. I was thinking – what’s the point of the stove?

I went up to continue my tour. I checked each of the three bedrooms and I thought it was all okay. Two bedrooms have two single beds (four single beds in all) while the master’s bedroom had a queen size bed.

The loft had three bathrooms – one downstairs, one upstairs and one inside the master’s bedroom. They are clean and simple.  The water supply is consistent all day and has not seen any questionable insects. There are a bathtub and hot water. There’s a laundry area that acted as our smoking area too!
Sadly, I couldn’t see the other facilities like pool and gym as we were pre-occupied with the party.

The Bridal Party

We have foods prepared at home and bought outside, these were brought at the hotel room. We also moved the furniture to have more space and added minimal decorations to set the mood for the party. Of course, we returned everything back to its original place and make sure we keep our trash organized before leaving the next day. See some of the snaps!








The Verdict

If you’re looking for a convenient and affordable space for intimate get-togethers, I would definitely recommend this hotel. You will be amazed how lenient the hotel can be when it comes to food and beverages as some technically don’t allow this.

It is affordable with minor liveable problems like a slow elevator. Adding more cooking wares would be of great value to complete the kitchen experience. Good service? I just know that if you’re nice, the hotel staffs would be nicer.

Out of 10, I would give it a seven! It is nice but needs upgrades and improvements.
For inquiries and direct booking, you can visit their website at www.lancasterhotels.com.ph

Post a Comment

1 Comments

  1. Your post is very useful and informative. Thank you so much for sharing such an informative post with us. Keep sharing.

    Hotel Lancaster, PA

    ReplyDelete