Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Why Regina George's Mom Is One Of The Moms We Wish We Have?

"I'm not a regular mom. I'm a cool mom."


For sure, every Mean Girl's fan out there had this lines playing in their heads. Mrs. George is the next big thing aside from our main ladies and we all damn know why -- she's one cool momma that most moms wish they'd be, at least for me.

As a mom, dealing with a two-year-old toddler, being cool and calm is something I desire, but not given. It's hard and the fact that he's still very young made me ask myself "What more if he's no longer a baby?" I mean, eventually, he will experience puberty and teenage; he will be open to the ideas of drinking, girls, party, and well, sex. And when that time comes, I don't know how I will be as a mom. But then again, I wish I can be as cool as Amy Poehler's role in the hit chic flick, Mean Girls.

If you don't know who I'm talking about or why do I even adore her, here are 4 reasons why Regina George's mom is the coolest, greatest, and funniest parent ever!

Why Mrs. George Is The Coolest Mom Ever?



1. She's Open About Drinking

During my teenage years, I am a drinker! I get home drunk, suffer a bad hangover for the whole morning, stay sober for a few hours, and get drunk again. I don't want to blame anyone but honestly, it may be because I am misinformed. All I know is that alcohol is bad and once you get drunk, there are chances of theft, rape, or even death. However, instead of getting rid of it, I find myself attracted with drinking even more. Of course, no parent wants that and although I think my mom's overreacting during those times, I don't know how I would react when I personally experience that myself. But as far as Mrs. George is concern, alcohol consumption is fine as long as her children are home so they can supervise them. This way, she can guide them about drinking responsibly.

Alcohol has good and bad effects, depending on how the consumer handles it. But with proper supervision and guidance, things will get better and safer.


2. She's Still Present In Most Of Her Child's Special Events, Even If It Means Shaming One's Self

As a parent, we want nothing but the best for our child and often, that means working our as$ of 24/7 to become a money maker. This way, we can provide them not only what they NEED but also what they WANT. Sadly, this also means being away from home for long hours, resulting in missed birthdays, school affairs, and other special events. The movie did not clearly state if Mrs. George is a housewife or a working mom but nevertheless, she's Regina's number one fan!

Videotaping our child's performance can be done without thinking twice but how many of us are willing to dance along with our child just to show how supportive we are?


3. She Supports Safe Sex.. Consistently

Almost everyone, including you (c'mon, we've all been there), gets mixed emotion about sex, whether it's the first we've heard of it or not. It's a private matter that most parents don't want to talk to, fearing that this will spark curiosity to their teens. However, no matter how hard we avoid bringing it up, there are other sources that will eventually lead our teens to this and sooner or later, there's a big chance that they will do it. So, why not talk about it?

Teen pregnancy is widespread nowadays and what better way to deal with it than to inform our young ones? Gathering medical facts about sex and sharing it with our child is the best way to educate them about it. Introduce safe sex and the use of condoms as this is highly important. Not only does this prevent unplanned pregnancy but also, this saves a life from STDs.


4. She Communicates Effectively

Although Mrs. George appears like she's trying hard to talk to Regina, it only shows how she puts an effort in communicating with her daughter in the most relatable way. Communication is the key; sadly, not all parents can talk to their child. Talking to kids effectively is essential because it improves and tightens the relationship, prevents depression, and boost self-confidence.
There will come a time when you can barely talk to your child but no matter what reason it is, do not give up. Find out how you can keep your child open by asking simple things, such as "How was your day?"

Personal Story:

I just want to share a quick story about me and my mom. 10 years ago, I was tagged as the "black sheep" of the family and since I am the cause of everyone's headache, communication was never a thing between me and my mom. It feels like she doesn't know me and I don't know her as well. We barely talk. I feel alone and angry at the same time despite the fact that ti was my fault. Fast-forward the current time, things were different now. My mom and I talk about everything, from the smallest topic to the biggest issue. I feel closer to her and the bond is just amazing. I've never felt so great and I'm thankful that my mom never gave up on me. So for those who are experiencing difficulties with their teens, I tell you -- do not give up on your child. Reach them. Listen to them. Love them. Let them feel your sincerity and although it feels unfair, it's the only way you can win them back.


Mrs. George appears to be funny and liberated and at first, I thought that she's too funny to care about her own child. However, when you look at her career in a deeper perspective, she's a mother who wants nothing but the best for her daughters. The fact that she involves herself with her child's life is amazing (she even photobombs her child's prom photos) and the way she communicates with them is remarkable. While most people don't' treat her character seriously, we cannot deny the fact that she's one of the best moms that most of us wish to have.

Do you agree with me? Do you have any mother-child story that you want to share? If yes, then please feel free to share it in the comment box below.

Post a Comment

0 Comments