Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

4 Realistic Ways To Make Money Online - Learn How To Earn Extra Income During Lockdown

woman holding laptop and coffee in bed

Can You REALLY Make Money Online?

That’s one question that I know most of you are dying to ask.


As a mom, I wanted to stay with my kid most of the time but I want to make money, too! 


I want to be financially independent and it’s probably because I used to rely on myself even before I got pregnant.


But a few years ago, I think that the only ways to make money are by having a job or starting a business. Guess what? I’m tired of working for someone else and the second option kinds of freak me out. I don’t have capital, to begin with.


However, since there are no options left but to survive at home, I found legit ways on how I can make money online. And don’t worry, this is not a scam nor a network marketing program. No offense to those who are into MLM but I’ve had bad experiences with this kind of business so I’ll always turn this opportunity down.


 Anyway, if you’re interested to quit your 9 to 5 job or you’re a stay-at-home mom or dad who wants to make money, here are my tried-and-tested ways:


Apply For An Online Job

There are many jobs online but if you’re a beginner, be sure to settle for a platform that’s trusted, such as Upwork and OnlineJobs.ph.


What I like about Upwork is that you will be paid, no matter what. Just be sure to deliver your client’s expectations to avoid any problems.
The downside of Upwork is that it’s not easy to get approval. The platform is strict when it comes to its freelancers and you need to work on your account to get approved. 

Or you can try this hack at your own risk:

I’ve tried OnlineJobs.ph before and this is actually the first platform that I used when I was looking for an online job. It’s legit and it has job listings for various categories, such as content writing, social media, bookkeeping, etc. It’s easy to make an account and you can find a job almost in an instant or let’s say, a week.

The downside, however, is that almost anyone has access to it. I’ve been scammed by an “employer” I’ve found on this site. I was new to freelancing back then and I’ve written more than 15 articles in less than a week. I was supposed to get paid an amount worth Php20,000++ but guess what? I got nothing! 

Lesson learned THE HARD WAY.

By the way, you can watch the video below to find the tips you need when you want to start working online:

Offer Your Service Online

If you’re good at writing or have experience with bookkeeping, social media management, and other skills, you can create your service online. 

With these, you have a lot of channels to choose from. For example, you can create a Facebook Page or an Instagram account and create content that would attract business owners. You can also start a blog to feature your portfolio. Also, be sure to get your resume ready!

You can also create and optimize your LinkedIn account. And by optimizing I mean adding the right keywords or titles so employers or the Human Resource Department can easily find you.

For example, in my LinkedIn account, I’ve added “Writer” and “Social Media Manager” on my title and since then, I’ve been receiving invitations from various companies. Now that’s one free way to advertise your freelance business.social media manager portfolio

Start Your Online Business

I have no experience with any kind of business before, all I know is that I’m a risk-taker. So, with only Php2,000 pesos, I started my first business online.

Since I’m into skincare, the first business I had is selling Korean skincare products. I used IG as a platform and I was able to grow my capital but after a year, I looked for another brand. My main reason? My skin isn't compatible with K-products. Boohoo!

That’s when I found Wink White. It’s a Thailand whitening brand that’s marketed in many parts of Asia. To cut the story short, I grew my Php2,500 capital to Php50,000++. 

My personal tip when it comes to starting a business is to find your passion or interest. Also, if you want to resell a product, be sure that it’s from a brand you trust. Why? Because marketing it would be easier. All you have to do is share your own experience, add photos, and inspire people to try your brand, too!

Create A Blog

I’ve created a lot of blog sites before but if there’s one website that allowed me to make money, that would be MOMSIEfied. I’ve started this site three years ago; however, I wasn’t able to post consistently. Still, it’s earning a few dollars every month -- thanks to Google Adsense. 


google adsense earnings


So this year, my goal is to increase my revenue using MOMSIEfied, which is a beauty and lifestyle blog for moms, by the way, and of course, this new blog -- CarolineSoriano.

P.S.

I’m also planning to become an affiliate marketer. I’m just looking for the best affiliate marketing programs to try. 

If you haven’t heard of affiliate marketing, it’s a legit business model that allows you to make money by promoting products and services. There’s no need to purchase anything and some programs would even allow you to become a member for FREE, such as Wealthy Affiliate.

Anyway, these are just some of the opportunities I’ve tried that helped me make money online. These are all legit but not easy. It took a lot of time, effort, and even money before I was able to see the results I wanted.

In the coming weeks, I’ll share more tips on how you can grow your freelancing business online so be sure to keep yourself posted!

Thank you for reading my post and may we all achieve our goals this year.

Cheers! 

Post a Comment

0 Comments